July arrives, and poof! 2014 is half over. Heck, it’s already July 2nd before I realize July is here! (That’s what Mercury in retrograde does to a person — thank goodness that’s done). Here’s what I’m looking forward to this month:
- Happy birthday, youngest nephew! I remember the moment you were born, six years ago today. I’m still thrilled to have been included in the delivery room receiving party for all three of my sister’s sons.
- Fireworks over the water! Sitting in a pontoon on the river last Fourth of July in the Wisconsin Dells, I had what I consider the best seat in the house, and I think I’ll get to have that same view this year.
- Corn on the cob! The local garden store starts stocking fresh corn on the cob in early July, and my mouth is already watering.
- Another milestone birthday! My stepson leaves his teenage years behind when he turns 20 this month. Wow!
- Family reunion! My mother’s family will gather once again to eat Chex mix and exchange entertaining stories, and I can’t wait.
I’m sure — I know — a lot of other events are in store in the coming month and second half of 2014. I’m excited! What are you excited about?