Sometimes, one must just indulge in the promise of a chain letter … a mailbox of dollar bills, an inbox full of recipes, a promise of a blessing.
So it is with some blogger nominations. Like a chain letter, they come with strings attached. But sometimes, I can’t resist.
LubbyGirl over at the REmissionary nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thanks, LubbyGirl. I’m honored. Some days I do better than others on “inspiring,” but I appreciate it nonetheless.
Acceptance requires me to give a shout-out to my benefactor (click on REmissionary’s link above and follow all the nominations back through the chain — you’ll find a lot of interesting blogs), share seven facts about myself and nominate 15 other bloggers as inspiring.
- This morning I weighed exactly the same as the day I married my Beloved.
- We’ve lived in our underwater (figuratively, not literally) suburban house for exactly five years this weekend.
- My 5-year-old miniature schnauzer is both the cutest resident of our household and the most irritating.
- I woke up this morning thinking about U.S.’s Kara Goucher running the women’s marathon in the London Olympics and discovered, to my delight, that my Beloved was already taping it so I could watch it over my morning coffee (Kara took 11th place.)
- I learned how to insert a table of contents into a Word document today — the kind of table of contents that automatically updates the page numbers and creates links to the chapters. Amazing.
- If bad things happen in threes, our third expensive belonging broke yesterday. First, the refrigerator had to be replaced. Then the Honda started flashing disturbing dashboard signals and is now undergoing an “oil consumption test.” And now the hot tub’s flow regulator needs professional attention. Ugh.
- I’m entertaining recipe suggestions for using an abundance of Ranier cherries that are ripening faster than I can eat them raw.
Fifteen nominations? I can’t do this justice. But there are 10 writers I’ve found inspiring lately, and you might, too:
- Roger over at Writing Is Hard Work writes interestingly about writing and is publishing the first book of his doomsday thriller chapter by chapter on his blog. Check it out.
- I’ve learned a lot about self publishing from Cristian Mihai and Catherine, Caffeinated. Naturally, they’ve self-published books, and you can find them on their blogs.
- Rachel over at Rachel Hanson is a self-published author, too, and she offers a fresh perspective on a lot of topics. And she’s a Minnesotan, too.
- The founder of one of my former employers has launched a new venture promoting the recipes that made her famous. Her cooking ideas, prompts and recipes at Around the Table with Tami continue to inspire.
- RestaurantBastards inspires me to be a better behaved restaurant patron. Ross is funny, too.
- Being Zhenya‘s style blog never ceases to amuse and amaze me. And I love that she lives in the Twin Cities.
- I love how Maggie (Not Margaret) writes about culture, technology and their interactions. She’s gets beyond the headlines.
- Sarah takes a picture every day over at Sara Takes Pictures. Enjoy a daily jolt of everyday beauty.
- I enjoy the unique perspective (and humor and musical taste) of TransparentGuy over at The Adventures of Transman. He’s a lesson in authenticity.