Oh, how I love thee! Let me count the ways. I love …
- How you can perfectedly grill my ribeye to medium rare, and then offer me the best bite of your filet mignon. I don’t know if you’re showing off or being outrageously generous, and I don’t care.
- How you can assemble a mean chili from leftovers (and a lot of cans of diced tomatoes).
- How you’re willing to eat anything, including the hockey pucks I served you last week when I burned the leftover mini meatloafs.
- How you enjoy sushi as much as I do.
- How you can make spaghetti sauce without a recipe.
- How you wield a chef’s knife like a surgeon when you’re cutting apart a hunk of meat.
- How you can poach an egg to perfection without setting a timer.
- How you’re best friends with the local butcher so he’s always willing to cut you inch-and-a-half thick pork chops without complaining even though he has inch-thick ones in his case.
- How every breakfast you make isn’t complete unless it has two kinds of meat (sausage and bacon) or crispy hashbrowns. And sometimes all three.
- How you seek out hole-in-the-wall Mexican joints because you’re willing to risk a bad meal for an amazing new experience. And how you have a knack for always seeming to find amazing hole-in-the-wall Mexican joints instead of bad meals.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my stomach can stretch!